BY SCENE SHANG
ONE OF OUR WAYS TO RELAX is to make our own meals instead of eating out. Sometimes we share food we make as therapy with others around us; friends, family, colleagues, and in that, we pass the joy around. We chanced upon this recipe recently and decided to try it out. And in the spirit of blossoming abundance, let’s sprinkle some of that on our food too.
Time for tea. Pistachio-Crusted Rose Panna Cotta Tart paired with a light tea in a Glass Mug -Blossoming Abundance.
I’ll be honest, this is not the easiest of recipes to make as it is time consuming, but it does force you to slow down, wait. for. the. tart. to. set. The easy part of this is that much of the hard work is at the start – the tart crust. Once that is done, you pretty much just need to have patience. This is also one to impress guests as it’s just so pretty, and it a good activity to work on with sisters or your girl-friends.
You Might Also Like: 五福临门 Five Home Decor Styling Tips for Blossoming Abundance in the New Year
Please do share your beautiful creations with us:
Tags: #sceneshanghomes #sceneshang
RECIPE: Pistachio-Crusted Rose Panna Cotta Tart
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Setting time 3 hours
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 10 serves
Pistachio tart shell
- 100 g pistachios
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 113 g unsalted butter, cold and hard, cut into cubes
- 1 - 1.5 tablespoons (20-30ml) ice water
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 cup double cream
- 1/2 teaspoon rose essence
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Handful of raspberries
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatine
- 1/4 teaspoon rose essence
- 1/4 cup pistachios (finely chopped)
- Dried rose petals
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE TART SHELL
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line the base of a round tart tin with baking paper.
- Blitz the pistachios in a blender or a food processor until very fine
- Add the pistachios, flour, sugar and salt to the food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Add the butter and blitz for only 5-10 seconds until the mixture is like large breadcrumbs.
- Slowly drizzle in the water while the processor is running on low and stop as soon as it starts forming large clumps.
- Press the dough out over the base of the prepared tart tin with your hands until it’s about 3-4mm thick. Use a knife to trim the excess from around the edge. Use a fork to prick holes all over the base of the tart shell.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper over the tart shell and fill with baking weights (or rice or beans).
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the baking paper and weights then return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until starting to turn golden on the edges.
- While the tart shell is still hot, brush it with the beaten egg white and return to the oven for 1 minute. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes while you make the Panna Cotta.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ROSE PANNA COTTA
- Pour the cold milk into a saucepan and sprinkle the gelatine over the top. Allow it to "bloom" for 5 minutes (it should look a bit wrinkly by the end). Turn the heat on low under the milk and stir for a minute or two until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Add the sugar and stir again until dissolved. This should only take another minute or two. Don't let the milk get too hot or to come to a simmer. It should only be just warm.
- Take the saucepan off the heat. Pour in the cream, rose essence and salt and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour carefully into your tart shell, then transfer immediately to the fridge for a hot 2 hours.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ROSE JELLY
- Place the water and sugar into a saucepan and sprinkle over the gelatine. Allow it to sit for a couple of minutes.
- Heat over low heat and stir until the sugar and gelatine has dissolved. Add the raspberries and rose essence and stir, pressing down on the raspberries until the liquid is pink.
- Pour the liquid through a strainer into a small jug and allow to cool to room temperature before gently pouring over the top of the set Panna Cotta.
- Return to the fridge and allow to set for an hour before serving.
Keep refrigerated until you’re ready to serve it as it starts to melt if kept out too long in our insanely hot and humid climate.
Recipe and instructions from: https://www.sugarsaltmagic.com