BY SCENE SHANG
Autumn in Shanghai. Wutong leaves in yellow and orange pepper the streets, with bright yellow osmanthus blooms gracing the trees and filling the air all through the French Concession with their sweet fragrance.
A beautiful scene to behold and reminisce on.
Celebrate SHANG YUE 2021 with us virtually — treat yourself and your loved ones with some osmanthus-infused cocktails and Osmanthus Flower Jelly this full moon night.
- 1 packet Konnyaku Jelly Powder
- 950ml water (according to packet of Jelly Powder)
- 1 tbsp Dried Osmanthus Flowers
- 2 tbsp Dried Goji Berries (aka Wolfberries, soaked in hot water for 15 mins, until puffy)
- 2 tbsp raw sugar (optional)
- Drop 2-3 pre-soaked goji berries into each jelly mould, set aside.
- Pour 950ml of water into a pot over the stove and turn the heat on to high, bring to boil. It is optional to add sugar here, otherwise, skip to add jelly powder and stir until dissolved.
- Add the dried osmanthus flowers and stir.
- Turn off heat and pour the liquid jelly into the moulds.
- Allow to cool for 15 mins before refrigerating the jelly for a few hours, until chilled.
We hope you enjoyed this sweet treat together with your loved ones this Mid-Autumn night.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Mid-Autumn Recipe: Osmanthus Always Reminds Us of Autumn in Shanghai, Enjoy these Easy Osmanthus-Infused Cocktails to Make at Home