BY SCENE SHANG
AS YOU ARE CURLED UP ON YOUR ARMCHAIR, reading away, let this accompany you as you enter into a new world, your secret summer hideaway.
- Symbolizes remembrance, love, loyalty
- Good for cleansing and peace of mind
- Improved concentration, digestion and brain aging
- Full of vitamin C and other immunity boosting multi nutrients.
- Beautiful pink
- Known as the forbidden fruit in 1750
- A hybrid of pomelo and orange
- More water than any other fruit
Playing around with different combinations of fruits and herbs, we finally found the perfect pairing. The sweet and sour mixture of rosemary and grapefruit is simply amazing, a great scent with every sip. Tasty, refreshing, with the perfect tart to sweet ratio, this mocktail, or cocktail if you like, will certainly revitalise your senses.
Can’t wait to taste it? Don’t worry, it’s simple.
You Might Also Like: 7 Reads To Transport You To New Worlds
RECIPE: Rosemary Greyhound Cocktail
Prep Time 1 hour
Cook Time 5 minutes
Servings 4 glasses
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1 Cup Water/Gin
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Sprigs of Rosemary
- 2 Cups Fresh Pink Grapefruit Juice
- ¼ Cup of Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 4 Cups Sparkling Water
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ROSEMARY SIMPLE SYRUP
- In a small saucepan on the stove, add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of granulated sugar over medium heat.
- Dissolve the sugar for about 5 minutes. Do not let the mixture boil or crystals will form. Once the sugar has dissolved, pour the simple syrup into a heat safe container.
- Add 3 sprigs of rosemary and let steep for at least one hour. The syrup will keep in the refrigerator for ten days.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE COCKTAIL / MOCKTAIL
- Add ½ cup fresh pink grapefruit into a serving glass.
- Add 1 Tablespoon (½ oz) of rosemary simple syrup. Stir.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with sparkling water (about 1 cup) and as much ice as desired.
- For cocktail: portion the gin into all 4 glasses; shake all the ingredients well in a cocktail shaker filled with ice if you like.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig.
- Serve chilled.
Recipe and instructions from: https://www.tasteslovely.com/rosemary-greyhound-cocktail/