Keeping Your Furniture Beautiful
To maintain the beauty of your newly bought furniture and to help it to last, your furniture needs the right care.
SCENE SHANG furniture are finished with two to three coats of lacquer, wax, paint or other protective coats for extra depth and long-lasting durability. The sheen, of the finish ranges from high to low, depending on the piece or collection. The finish protects the furniture and adds to its beauty. However, no finish is indestructible. With regular care, the finish will last much longer, providing years of enjoyment to you.
This guide will give you tips on the best ways to care for your SCENE SHANG furniture pieces.
For all furniture orders, we will be giving you a complimentary care kit, containing a bottle of lemon oil, a soft cloth and little booklet containing some tips.
Didn't receive your care kit? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GENERAL CARE TIPS
- Avoid placing your furniture in direct sunlight, as sunlight causes fading and UV damage.
- Avoid extreme changes in temperature by arranging furniture away from heat sources and air conditioning units.
- Use coasters, pads, cloth or felt to protect the furniture surface from plastic, rubber, hot dishes, beverages, bookends, flowerpots and vases.
- Clean up spills immediately. Use a blotting rather than a wiping action. Water left over a long period of time will cause problems in the finish.
- Clean your furniture regularly by wiping with a clean, damp and soft cloth.
- SCENE SHANG furniture is made of natural woods like elm, ash, oak, pine, teak and beech. As wood can expand and contract due to humidity changes, maintaining a consistent humidity will prevent warping.
- Moisture and heat can damage any wood finish. Always wipe up moisture promptly and dry with a soft cloth.
- Over time, air and sunlight will change the color of natural wood.
- Occasionally rotate the items placed on your wood furniture to allow a more uniform color to develop.
- Every six months, use lemon oil to wipe the wood furniture gently in a circular motion, following by buffing, to give the furniture protection and a lustrous shine.
- In coastal locations or if the steel is regularly subjected to water, brown discoloration can appear on the surface of your furniture. This can be removed with warm soapy water.
- Limit use of abrasive cleaners to prevent scratches or damage to the protective finish.
- Keep metal dry to prevent tarnishing which can dull or destroy the surface.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners that can scratch and dull metal surfaces.
- Vacuum or wipe with a clean dry cloth regularly to remove dust.
- Clean with a damp cloth and mild soap and water or a soft leather cleaner. Do not rub.
- Do not use abrasive or corrosive cleaners as they will damage the Leather.
STONE / MARBLE
- Stones must be cleaned with neutral, gentle cleaners. Acids will dissolve the finish.
- If liquid spills occur, wipe it dry as soon as possible.
- Do not place glasses directly on stone, to prevent moisture from getting into the stone core.